The Wisconsin Center for Public Health Education and Training (WiCPHET), is a consortium of community and academic based partners who convene for the purpose of periodically assessing the professional development needs of those currently serving the public health functions of Wisconsin communities and advancing public health by addressing the professional development needs of the workforce based on the assessment. Consortium partners include faculty and staff from the the following institutions:
- Carroll University, Undergraduate Public Health Program
- University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse, Department of Health Education and Health Promotion
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Master of Public Health Program
- Zilber School of Public Health, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Wisconsin Public Health Association (WPHA)
- Wisconsin Association of Local Health Departments and Boards (WALHDAB)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Master of Public Health Program. UW-Madison, Master of Public Health is the convening partner.
In 2018, WiCPHET partners led a process to assess the workforce development needs of the Wisconsin public health practice community through a series of conversations using a modified nominal group technique, with the WALHDAB and WPHA Board of Directors, the Public Health Council, the WPHA Early Career Professionals, and WPHA Practice Professionals. In April 2019, the WiCPHET partners provided a presentation on the results of their assessment process. Based on these results, WiCPHET partners developed a series of educational offerings that focus on public health leadership. In 2021, the WiCPHET partners reassessed the public heath educational needs, this time with a Workforce Survey to an expanded group of public health practitioners. The results were used to plan subsequent educational offerings.
As the field of public health shifts and reflects on all of the lessons learned over the pandemic, this group aims to grow and evolve to be responsive to the needs of the field and align with the strengths and opportunities within academic institutions around the state.
On this website you will find links to videos, podcasts and continuing education modules related to a variety of public health topics. New materials will be added to the site periodically, so please check back to see what other educational offerings are available.