- WI Health Information Collaborative
- Training/Educational Organizations
- Field Placements
- Contact Us
- Affordable Care Act
- County Health Departments
- Educational Opportunities
- On-line Capstone Certificate in Leadership for Population Health Improvement
- Workforce Assessment
Welcome to WiCPHET
Building upon both long-standing relationships and partnerships recently developed in Wisconsin, the Wisconsin Center for Public Health Education and Training (WiCPHET) works to assure the development of a competent, sufficient, and diverse public health workforce to promote and protect health. The purpose of the WiCPHET is to plan and act strategically by coordinating the academic and public health training resources in the State of Wisconsin in order to cultivate the pipeline of future public health professionals, integrate statewide professional preparation and continuing education opportunities, and strengthen professional development for the existing public health workforce throughout Wisconsin, especially those working with underserved populations.
- Assessment and resource sharing- Ongoing assessment of the public health workforce is essential to improving the competence of workforce members. Assessment efforts help individuals identify their level of competency and connect to training based on the assessment results and help provide an understanding of broad workforce needs.
- Professional preparation and Continuing Education- The WiCPHET develops learning opportunities including academic courses and training sessions using both face-to-face and distance-based delivery modalities.
- Professional Development– Professional development offerings will be created for new public health workers, Board of Health members and health officers; preceptor development workshops; and enhanced access to web-based library materials and evidence-based public health resources ensure that the workforce has the resources needed to improve competency.